As more and more new vehicles are introduce to the market so is their car key programming systems.90% of the newer models do have the transponder key system ,some of them offer the Car owner the option to program the car key by themselves.
As an Auto Locksmith in Charlotte NC we often receive calls with these inquiries as a result we provide this article with basic information of how to recognize your car key programming system and the keys you must have in order to do it by yourself in the future.
GM models do offer a self car key programming
- GM – as what we have seen so far some of the GM models do offer a self car key programming to their owners, however note: you must have one original key working. In case you lost your only working key you would need to turn to your local Car locksmith in Charlotte NC. The locksmith will be able to cut and program an original key.
- Most Ford and Chrysler car key replacement can be self programmed by the owner. However you would need 2 working car keys .of which both must be cut and programmed to your car then the third key can be self programmed. If you do not have 2 original working keys then turn to AKM auto key Masters automotive locksmith of Charlotte NC to program your extra keys. You should keep 3 working keys for all Ford and Chrysler vehicles. That way if you lose one, you can order another and be able to self-program the replacement key without going through the entire process.
- Toyota and Lexus years of 2004 and up are Not designed for a self-car key programming by the owner, you must turn to a locksmith.
- Nissan and Infiniti –car keys are Not designed to be self-programmed by the owner and you will have to turn to a local car locksmith to have these car keys made.
- If you happened to have CLONE KEYS . Clone Keys are costly and are not designed to be self-programmed.No cloning keys can be programmed without a professional car locksmith. You must turn to them to get an additional key made.
- REMEMBER – HIRE A LICENSED LOCKSMITH!!
Call AKM auto key masters today: 704-458-4784 . We are open to assist you 24/7.